design by contract versus doctest

Colin Blackburn colin.blackburn at durham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 6 08:13:30 EDT 2004

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:50:02 +0200, Yermat <loic at fejoz.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> Not really each time !
> As it uses "assert", it is turn off by using -O option of python or by
> removing the metaclass ! So it work exactly as DBC implemented in Eiffel.

It doesn't work exactly as in Eiffel. In Eiffel it is *part* of the
language. Some aspects of DbC can be implemented in other languages but
not all (invariants for instance are not straightforward.)

> His author is Bertrand Meyer (with an 'e').
> So please re-read it again !

I am so sorry that I typed his name incorrectly. Please don't make me read
all 1000 pages again!!

Colin