Richards bench benchmark

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Apr 1 21:32:56 EST 2004

Duncan Lissett wrote:
> Peter Hansen wrote:
>>I'd implement it in Python for kicks, but I'm not sure how I'd know
>>whether my version was doing the right thing.  Are there any tests
>>for it?  Ways of ensuring the output is correct?
>
> Martin Richards original spec and debug/trace information is reposted
> here:
> http://www.lissett.com/ben/com/benchspec.htm

Okay, as a starting point I've turned the "gold output" part of that
spec into a first acceptance test, and have a shell bench.py which
runs but fails ('pass' statements tend to do that a lot during TDD).

The code should be available with

   svn co svn://fortress.engcorp.com/public/bench

I don't really expect anyone to check it out at this stage, but if you
happen to have a free moment, I wouldn't mind knowing if subversion
is properly visible through my firewall.

-Peter