Method for providing a trail period on a program

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Thu Apr 1 19:04:50 EST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:46:12 -0600, Larry Bates wrote:
> I'm searching for a good way to provide a "trail period" (something
> like 90 days) for a commercial application that I'm writing.  I'd like
> something that can easily stop working 90 days after installation.

Why do you want to break your user's programs to gain money?  Will they
not pay for your work without their programs breaking?  What does that
say about the value of your work?

--
 \            "Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody is |
  `\                                    looking."  -- Henry L. Mencken |