Is Perl *that* good?

Michael Geary Mike at DeleteThis.Geary.com
Tue Apr 27 12:17:57 EDT 2004

Robert Brewer wrote:
> I wish Python had won, as well. But time is linear (in
> my mind). I now wish only that we could leverage the
> similarity of JS and Python (execution and binding
> models) into more Python users. Marketing needs
> to run with the line, "So you know Javascript? Then
> you know Python!"

That was my impression of Python when I started using it after some
extensive JavaScript work: "Cool! It's just like JavaScript but with a lot
more goodies!" The two languages struck me as very similar. Even though
JavaScript *looks* like C, it *works* much more like Python.

-Mike