Is Perl *that* good? (was: How's ruby compare to it older bro

leeg leeg at teaching.physics.ox.ac.uk.valid
Mon Apr 26 12:11:39 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

> I guess it would be interesting to pose the question back to
> them "If you could not use regexes in Perl, would you still
> like to program in it?" or "If you couldn't use mysql in PHP
> would you still use it?"
>
> What similar question, if any, would be a difficult one for
> us Python types?

"If you couldn't write any program your imagination came up with in Python,
or couldn't at least prototype it, or it took longer to write in Python
than it did in C or Objective-C, would you still use it?"

That's my question.  I don't write operating systems or control nuclear
reactors (not real ones anyway).
--
Graham Lee
I am leeg, for we are many