I am puzled about numbers

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Apr 12 18:01:07 EDT 2004

A Evans wrote:

> which brings me to another question seeing these patterns I am making with
> numbers how random is the random function in python I mean is it really
> possible for a computer to think randomly or is it a pattern like this

Google can help with such questions, and it's a very good idea to get
in the habit of checking there first when faced with a question like
this about computers.  Using the search "all about random numbers"
I quickly found this:

http://www.krellinst.org/UCES/archive/modules/monte/node1.html

There are dozens and dozens of other such pages.

-Peter