Wrapper round x86 Assembler

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Fri Apr 9 03:53:22 EDT 2004

There might be a really good reason why this hasn't been done *or*
someone might have done it and I just can't find it..... *but*

what about a wrapper to an assembler (presumably for x86 assembly !)
!!
I just wrote some code doing binary operations which would have been
about a zillion times faster in a few lines of assembly code.

I also have fond memories of programming in BBC Basic which had an
inline assembler - so you could wrap your assembly program in Basic.
It meant some commercial games started with Basic !

Anyway - it would be easy to reserve some memory with a string like
object to pass to an 'assembly object' and allow some really nifty
(and fast) stuff ?? For simple algorithms it would be very neat.
Avoiding memory overflow etc would be up to the assembly code 'chunk'
of course.

Regards,

Fuzzy