python web programming / CMS

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Apr 23 07:29:12 EDT 2004

"flupke" <flupke at nonexistingdomain.com> writes:

> "Michael Hudson" <mwh at python.net> schreef in bericht
> news:m3fzavnfy3.fsf at pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk...
>
> > You can certainly do dynamic content with Zope/Plone, using Page
> > Templates and TAL and Scripts (Python) and so on (indeed, quite a
> > large portion of Plone is a collection of Page Templates and Python
> > scripts).  It's probably possible to use Plone and Spyce at the same
> > time, but I can't see why you'd want to.
>
> The reason why i would want to use Plone and Spyce is that Spyce
> provides an easy way to include/embed python code in a html file like
> one would do with a jsp page.
> I don't think that Plone supports something like that or at least not
> that nice but i could be wrong.

That's what Page Templates are!  Ish.  Well, Page Templates solve the
same problem, though you're encouraged to put significant logic in
Python scripts which you call from the template.  I happen to agree
with the designers of Page Templates that this is a very good idea; I
guess others might differ.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I have long since given up dealing with people who hold idiotic
  opinions as if they had arrived at them through thinking about