accept xml instead of plain Python text?

Edward K. Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Mon Apr 12 20:59:25 EDT 2004

> You should be able to convert an XML format of your
> design to an AST and compile it to bytecodes; likewise
> you should be able to generate an XML file from the AST.

Thanks, John.  This is a valuable suggestion because it points in a
direction that doesn't require the assent (or participation) of the wider
Python community.  As I just said in my reply to Martin, I am pretty dubious
about the whole idea.  I suspect though, that if the idea ever goes anywhere
something like what you suggest will be the way to go.  I'll keep this
suggestion in the back of my mind...

Thanks again.

Edward

Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net