wx.SystemSettings - GTK/Win32/Python variances

simo simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 19:29:18 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:

> http://www.wxpython.org/MigrationGuide.html says that you should
> probably begin using wx.PlatformInfo instead.  This is a tuple.
> On my machine (WinXP) it contains:
>
>  >>> wx.PlatformInfo
> ('__WXMSW__', 'wxMSW', 'ascii')
>
> The doc mentioned says to do things like this now:
>
>     if "__WXGTK__" in wx.PlatformInfo:

Yup, found that just now - I had only looked at the wxWidgets
migration guide, didn't know there was a wxPython version too!

Anyway, I don't need the platform check now as also in the wxPy25
guide they say that we're now to use
wx.SystemSettings_GetMetric(wx.SYS_VSCROLL_X) across all platforms as
they're deprecating the other forms - which seem to be aliases for
backwards compatibility.

Thanks for the help :-)