os.system help

Grzegorz Dostatni grzegorz at ee.ualberta.ca
Sat Apr 17 20:16:53 EDT 2004

Cheers.

In short ghostscript is not installed by default on windows. You can
install it yourself (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/AFPL/get814.htm)
and install. You could also try to package it in your program somehow (for
example including the binary in your program directory). I'm not sure if
it will work properly though.

I don't think there is anything installed by default on windows that can
read .ps files.

You could also try another approach. I am not entirely sure, but I think
that Python Imaging Library supports writing/reading .ps files.

Greg

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we
didn't.
          -- Erica Jong (How to Save Your Own Life, 1977)