creating panel icons

Haim Ashkenazi haim at babysnakes.org
Sat Apr 17 20:42:04 EDT 2004

Hi

I want to write an application that has the option of having an icon on the
panel (to hide and show the main window + menu), something like gaim or
rhythmbox. my first choice was pykde (since I use kde) but although I'm a
python newbie, I got the impression from their mailing list that you have
to wait every time a new kde version is out, for the release of the new
bindings (like now, I have kde 3.2 for almost a month, but I can't use
pykde 3.8...). then I've looked at some python-gnome examples and the only
way I was able to launch the applet was through the gnome-panel menu (which
means that I have to run gnome-panel in kde, I don't like this solution).

does anyone has an idea how can I create something like that?

thanx
--
Haim