lauching Spambayes on Mac OS 9

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 14 19:28:08 EDT 2004

[FWIW, you'd be better off asking SpamBayes questions in the SpamBayes list
- spambayes at python.org]

> I've installed the latest version of python for mac os 9.
> But now the spambayes indicates that i have to run python
> setup.py and then run python scripts/sb_server.py...and
> that's the problem! i can't figure out how to run these commands!

I believe that when you installed Python you ended up with an application
called "PythonLauncher", yes?  If you option-drag the setup.py script to
this you should be offered ways that you can launch the script.  You want to
pass it a command line argument "install".

Once that's done, I believe you can simply double-click sb_server.py to run
it (it doesn't need any command-line arguments).  Then go to
<http://localhost:8880> and you should see the main web interface page.

=Tony Meyer