Apologies

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 07:19:48 EST 2004

>Tim Golden wrote:
>
>> Apologies to all on the last for my rampant out-of-office
>> messages. I'm using Exchange (over which I have no control),
>> and I thought it did the right thing by list replies.
>>
>> I'll make sure next time.
>
>Maybe to help others who have sometimes been or will be in the
>same boat, you could explain exactly what didn't and then did
>work...?
>
>Thank you,
>-Peter [Hansen]

In fact, I'm not sure: the last few times I've been away and have
had my out-of-office turned on, none of the out-of-office replies
have come through to the list (or it's silently swallowed them,
recognising the phenomenon). This time, from this and a couple
of other lists, I've had people complaining, and rightly so --
good thing I was only away for a day-and-a-half!

I shall speak to the team who manage our Exchange Server: maybe
they've turned some switch or applied some patch. If I come up
with anything conclusive I'll report it here. The only workaround
I know of is to suspend delivery via Mailman's interface.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk