accept xml instead of plain Python text?

Edward K. Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Sun Apr 11 16:52:31 EDT 2004

I am wondering whether that has been any discussion of a project like the
following in the Python world:

- jezix http://www.tel.fer.hr/users/mtopol/jezix/
- javaml http://sourceforge.net/projects/javaml/

The general idea is that it would sometimes be nice to be able to feed xml
to the Python parser instead of plain text.  I can think of several reasons
why this would be _inconvenient_ for the Python community.  Foremost among
them would be that no plain-text tool would work with xml'zed Python.

Has the subject been discussed in the Python community? If so, where?  I
suspect this is a bad (or cumbersome) idea, but I'd like to be sure :-)
Thanks.

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines