command-line args

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Sat Apr 24 16:31:55 EDT 2004

>(Michael, I'm keeping this on the mailing list, if you don't
>mind.  I prefer not answering offline questions, unless the
>customer is a paying one. ;-)

Sorry, accidently used Reply instead of Reply-All.

>(This works because after the first import of a module inside an
>application, subsequent imports do *not* re-read the .py file,
>but simply get a reference to the already-imported module object
>from the sys.modules dictionary.)

Of course that turns out to work. Odd though because I'd swear I tried
that in a project before and found it not working for me. Is that
behavior new(ish) in Python? Or maybe I just messed up last time I tried
and got it in my head that it wouldn't work that way.