Python style of accessing bools?

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Thu Apr 15 10:10:42 EDT 2004

> In other words, do you use accessors or just access the variable directly?

As a lot of things in programming, its a matter of taste. Now I personally
think that using accessors that simply return the value without any
computation are useless, as python has no real concept of private/protected
members.

Now if someone needs to protect her members from unwanted access, IMHO
properties are the way to go.

And I don't like the overhead of defining additional accessors - they're
sort of clumsy and they don't allow for nice assignments like this:

foo.bar = <whatever>

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch