Stackless Website down, Project gone, I'm dead.

Gonçalo Rodrigues op73418 at mail.telepac.pt
Fri Apr 2 08:13:16 EST 2004

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 04:30:08 +0200, in comp.lang.python you wrote:

>Dear Former Stackless Users,

[rest of text snipped]

I think this deserves a proper eulogy. Here is Wallace Stevens in
"Cortège for Rosenbloom" with Rosenbloom replaced by Tismer (rhyme and
metric is messed up but hey, what the heck, the guy deserves it even
though by his own admission he sucks as a sys admin):

Now, the wry Tismer is dead
And his finical carriers tread,
On a hundred legs, the tread
Of the dead.
Tismer is dead.

They carry the wizened one
Of the color of horn
To the sullen hill,
Treading a tread
In unison for the dead.

Tismer is dead.
The tread of the carriers does not halt
On the hill, but turns
Up the sky.
They are bearing his body into the sky.

It is the infants of misanthropes
And the infants of nothingness
That tread
The wooden ascents
Of the ascending of the dead.

It is turbans they wear
And boots of fur
As they tread the boards
In a region of frost,
Viewing the frost.

To a chirr of gongs
And a chitter of cries
And the heavy thrum
Of the endless tread
That they tread.

To a jangle of doom
And a jumble of words
Of the intense poem
Of the strictest prose
Of Tismer.

And they bury him there,
Body and soul,
In a place in the sky.
The lamentable tread!
Tismer is dead.

My dear Tismer, I only wish that your little grave in the sky that is
going to be your eternal home is cozy and comfy.

Adieu,
G. Rodrigues