Newbie question: Where is python23 bcpp.lib?

David Rushby woodsplitter at rocketmail.com
Wed Apr 28 00:25:08 EDT 2004

De La Maza Michael A GS-11 AFSPC/XPYS <Michael.DeLaMaza at PETERSON.af.mil> wrote in message news:<mailman.28.1083006128.25742.python-list at python.org>...
> Under Windows, I'm trying to make a program (Gambit Python APIs) using
> Borland (i.e., "make -f borland").
>
> The Borland make file, shown below, wants python23_bcpp.lib in
> $(PYTHONDIR)\libs\.
>
> Unfortunately, there is no such file (error shown below).  There is a
> python23.lib file but simply substituting python23 bcpp.lib with
> python23.lib does not work.

Because the official distributions of Python 2.3.x are compiled with
MSVC 6, python23.lib is in the Microsoft lib format (coff).  BCPP
requires the Borland format (omf).  BCPP includes a conversion utility
called coff2omf.exe.

The commands
  cd $(PYTHONDIR)\libs
  coff2omf.exe python23.lib python23_bcpp.lib
should create the required file.