Is Perl *that* good? (was: How's ruby compare to it older bro

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Apr 27 01:08:16 EDT 2004

Roy Smith wrote:
> 5 years from now, they'll be comfortably mainstream.  10 years
> from now, they'll be old-fashioned.  And 20 years from now, they'll be
> dinosaurs.  Don't let yourself become a dinosaur.

I suspect that, 20 years from now, there will still be
a language called Python, and it will still be quietly
and unobtrusively kicking all its competitors' backsides.

Whether it will bear any resemblance to the Python of
today is another matter...

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,