Pygame

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Apr 14 12:00:12 EDT 2004

John Roth wrote:
> "Alexander Rødseth" <alexanro at stud.ntnu.no> wrote in message
> news:c5jdv2$s4$1 at orkan.itea.ntnu.no...
>
>>Why isn't Pygame a part of Python?
>
> Why should it be?
>
> In looking thorough the libarary, I find that
> everything there is a developer tool of some
> sort. The few executables are things like
> unittest which are standard parts of the
> developer's tool chain.

Not that I agree with Alexander that Pygame should be part
of the standard download, but isn't it true that it is just
as much a developer tool as anything else?  He gave examples
such as XML and sound... Pygame is in the same vein as those,
only more complex.

(But I do think it would be crazy to include it, just not
for the reason that "it's not a developer tool".)

-Peter