Static Data?

Stevie_mac no.email at please.com
Sat Apr 10 14:55:23 EDT 2004

"Stevie_mac" <no.email at please.com> wrote in message news:2FTdc.56817$Id.5813 at news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> I need to have a static class data member like c.  How can I achieve this?
<SNIP>

Thanks all for your assistance. This though raised some question for me...

In Jeffs solution, Is self._ID the same variable as _ID (declared immediately after class Counted). Is there 3 _IDs?
If you have the time, could you explain (nothing fancy, just brief) the meaning of declaring variables in different
locations (like self, below class, as part of class, in a class def).  This would be greatly appreciated.

and Peters solution
class Object:
    _ID = 1
    def __init__(self):
        self.ID = Object._ID
        Object._ID += 1
Is Object._ID a class instance variable and self.ID a 'shared' class variable

Cheers - Stevie_Mac (confused)