Feedback on Sets, and Partitions

Ernie eadorio at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 03:54:57 EDT 2004

"Steve" <humean at fea.st> wrote in message news:<mailman.136.1083282936.25742.python-list at python.org>...
> This post has two parts. First is my feedback on sets. (Hello? Last
> summer called, they want their discussion thread back...) Second is some
> questions about my implementation of a partition function for sets.
>
> Part 1.
> ---
.... snipped
> Part 2
> ---
.... snipped
> For my current project, I need to generate partitions of sets up to size
> 25. I am rather hopeless it will ever be feasible, and I have begun
> looking for a different approach. Thanks for any replies!

For Part 2, Google on restricted growth functions if you are
interested in non-recursive generation of set partitions of n objects
with k classes.

I have an implementation done  in python, not using sets but rather an
array of integers which can be used for indexing, for processing
equivalences and set partitions (See
http://www.geocities.com/eadorio/equiv.pdf).

Regards,

Ernie