emergent/swarm/evolutionary systems etc

Peter MacKenzie peter9547 at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 4 12:07:14 EDT 2004

>You might like "The Outsider's Guide to Artificial Intelligence"

Yes. It is interesting.  I've been playing with the idea of graphical
representations for programming 'phrases' for a while, and the reference to
LISP brought it to mind.  Although LISP doesn't look that much better than
Python code, are there any programs out there that let you program, um,
programs, using various shapes, colours etc?  Just thinking about it brings
up all manner of difficulties that would be encountered if you tried to
create such a thing, but it would be nice if there was some immediately
obvious graphical connection between pieces of code (so beginners like me
didn't keep trying to put the square code through the round code ;-) ).
Just a thought of the 'in the shower' variety.

I also liked the idea of the metagame project
(http://satirist.org/learn-game/projects/metagame.html), though I don't see
myself taking on a challenge of that magnitude in the reasonably foreseeable
future.

news:106um6hcr363u14 at corp.supernews.com...