IronPythoneers in the house? (was: interfacing to a remote excel app)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Mon Apr 26 11:57:33 EDT 2004

In article <xqxad0yvld2.fsf at cola2.ca.boeing.com>,
Harry George  <harry.g.george at boeing.com> wrote:
			.
		[considerable wisdom
		about security, MS
		lock-in, and archi-
		tecture]
			.
>.NET remoting, and try to reach that from Mono or DotGNU.  But .NET
>and its clones are not very Python-friendly, so the bindings may not
>be available.  Even if you got it to work, you would be in a Microsoft
			.
			.
			.
I suspect we should be careful what we say (at least in
public) about compatibility with .NET.  I hope someone
more knowledgeable on this score than I will jump in soon.

I entirely agree with the conclusion that the original
poster has ... well, he's going to need changes, no matter
what Python's capabilities are.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net