python web programming / CMS

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Apr 23 06:31:33 EDT 2004

"flupke" <flupke at nonexistingdomain.com> writes:

> I know that with OpenCMS, i could make html pages with jsp
> code inside. Is that also possible in Plone/Zope? I mean having plone
> process pages with embedded Python through modpython or Spyce?

Er.  I'm not sure that really makes sense.

> Or is plone going to send the pages to Zope?

Or that :-)

> That's a part that's not yet clear for me.

You can certainly do dynamic content with Zope/Plone, using Page
Templates and TAL and Scripts (Python) and so on (indeed, quite a
large portion of Plone is a collection of Page Templates and Python
scripts).  It's probably possible to use Plone and Spyce at the same
time, but I can't see why you'd want to.

Cheers,
mwh
PS: Page Templates rule.

--
  I think if we have the choice, I'd rather we didn't explicitly put
  flaws in the reST syntax for the sole purpose of not insulting the