OT (was Re: But it still doesn't explain the joke)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Apr 4 16:26:11 EDT 2004

"Josiah Carlson" <jcarlson at uci.edu> wrote in message
news:c4oiq6$1hg$1 at news.service.uci.edu...

> Sure, sounds good.

Glad we agree.  The same issue came up a year ago when a couple of people
posted about Iraq but later agreed to stop.

> For someone who is advocating political truce, you sure loaded your post.

Yes, I intentionally mirrored your statements to illustrate why not to
continue down that road ;-)

> Practice what you preach my friend.

I just as intentionally quoted my examples as belief or as what 'might be
said' instead of presenting them syntactically as factual statements.

Terry J. Reedy