python web programming / CMS

flupke flupke at nonexistingdomain.com
Thu Apr 22 19:24:15 EDT 2004

asdf sdf wrote:
>> Well, i'm assigned a project where i have to choose a intranet
>> sollution and a platform for future webbased tools development.
>> I'm trying to get a clear idea of what is possible.
>> For the moment 2 kinds of setup are considered
>> OpenCMS - JBoss - Apache - Tomcat
>> or
>> Plone - Zope - Apache - Spyce / modpython
>>

> with modpython/spyce you can use your own python objects.
>
> There's been a lot of discussion of Plone and Zope.  Check Slashdot.
> Both have a lot of rapid fans, but naysayers say they are too
> complicated and too slow.  Some say you're buy end user ease-of-use at
> the cost of administrative complexity.  you'll have to let me know
> what you find out.

Hehe :) Well i'm trying to figure out before i decide on what i'm
going to use. Are there other good CMS around based on Python?

Anyway, i saw a page ( forgot the link ) that had benchmarks
between python, java, c++ and perl and it seemed that Python
was indeed a lot slower than the other languages. But if you have
a fast server, it might not be so much of a problem.

flupke