AOP use cases

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Apr 26 12:01:07 EDT 2004

Eric Eide wrote:

> Perhaps you would be interested in IBM's recent paper, which was presented at
> the AOSD 2004 conference:
>
> 	Adrian Colyer and Andrew Clement.  ``Large-Scale AOSD for Middleware.''
> 	In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Aspect-Oriented
> 	Software Development, Lancaster, UK, March 2004, pages 56--65.
> 	<http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/976270.976279>

Thanks, but """Full-Text is a controlled feature.
   To access this feature:
     * Please login with your ACM Web Account.
     * Please review the requirements below.
"""

And it appears memberships must be purchased.

> Now you might discount this as primarily being "a project just to demonstrate
> AOP," but I think that that would be unfair.

Perhaps, but I'll reserve judgment until I see significant signs of it
being used outside of such projects nevertheless.

-Peter