mcmillan installer

Steve Holden python at holdenweb.com
Tue Apr 13 10:06:02 EDT 2004

Gianluca Trombetta wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm searching a tool that compile python script to an executable binary.
> I found the mcmillan installer but i can't find a valid url to download it.
>
> Do someone know a valid url to download it or know another similar tool?
>
> Thanks.
> Gianluca

Unfortunately Gordon Macmillan seems to have disappeared without trace,
which is a great pity. The macmillan-inc domain registration appears to
have expired without renewal:

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

No match for "MACMILLAN-INC.COM".

 >>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:17:14 EDT <<<

If anybody has news of Gordon I'm sure many people would like to know
he's OK. His work on the installer was much admired, and we should try
to make sure it isn't lost.

regards
  Steve