datetimes, tzinfo and gmtime epoch

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Apr 19 22:48:48 EDT 2004

[John Hunter]
> Thanks Tim Peters for defining all these nice tzinfo classes!  Why
> aren't these part of the standard datetime module, or are they lurking
> somewhere in there?

Guido & I wrote a handful of sample tzinfo classes, but none are in the
distribution outside of documentation.  People argued too much, and there
wasn't time to sort that all out.  The hope was that people who actually
*use* time zones (not necessarily the same set of people as like to argue
about them) would combine forces and contribute a comprehensive set of
tzinfo classes.  Alas, so far nobody has even contributed a PEP on the
topic.

supply-equals-supply-ly y'rs  - tim