python web programming / CMS

Arcane arcane at deepfort.com
Thu Apr 22 07:39:16 EDT 2004

news.telenet.be wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i'm looking at python to do programming for the new intranet
>here at the company. I'm looking at plone/zope also.
>Before, I've used jsp for webprogramming but i'm considering
>python for this.
>One thing that isn't clear to me is if it's possible to include python
>code in a html page like you would do with jsp and then have zope
>"translate" that to html. With jsp, one could use an apache/tomcat
>combo to accomplish this.
>If one can't include python in html, is Zope the only alternative and
>how does code look like then?
>
>Thanks

There are various ways to implement a "PSP (Python Server Pages)"-type
setup.

I don't know how well regarded it is amongst other python users - in
fact, I'd be interested to know, but I use the
very lightweight Spyce : http://spyce.sourceforge.net.

I use Spyce-flavoured apache, in combination with python cgi stuff to
great effect on our intranet.

Hope this helps.