Tcl/Tk extension access from python under windows

Ed Suominen ed-no at spam-eepatents.com
Thu Apr 8 20:27:01 EDT 2004

Marcel Achim wrote:
> I found a tcl extension that does exactly what I need to access a DLL
> and it would require a large amount of SWIG glue to generate an
> equivalent python extension.

Wow... in nearly three years of programming with TCL (something I now
regret), I've had the *opposite* experience too many times to count. That's
one of the reasons I recently switched to Python -- I got sick of searching
for TCL packages and finding mostly nothing but "Page Not Found" 404 Errors
or ancient, bit-rotted code.

Now that I've been learning Python and exploring the wonders of OOP, I am
kicking myself for learning a "simple" language to make things "easier."
HA!

-Ed Suominen