Making the Zen of Python more useful

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Fri Apr 2 19:32:47 EST 2004

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 00:23:45 GMT, Joe Mason wrote:
> I'm assuming that providing and printing the Zen of Python is the
> module's main purpose, BTW, since I'm not familiar with it.  What is
> the 'this' module, anyway?  It's a name that's pretty much impossible
> to Google for...

No need to assume or search Google.  It's part of the Python
distribution:

    >>> import this
    The Zen of Python, by Tim Peters
    [...]
    >>> this.s
    "Gur Mra bs Clguba, ol Gvz Crgref\n\nOrnhgvshy [...]

You're right that, if we're going to be separating the "make the Zen
available" functionality, then the "this" module should wrap the "make
Zen available" module, instead of some new module wrapping "this" and
disabling its output.

--
 \       "If you go flying back through time and you see somebody else |
  `\   flying forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye |