[OT] Top posting is a PITA [was : Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes]

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Thu Apr 1 03:38:30 EST 2004

Markus Wankus <markus_wankusGETRIDOFALLCAPS at hotmail.com> writes:

> Right.  So if we'd all just settle on top-posting things wouldn't be
> so bad after all.  It's all you bottom-posters that are screwing
> things up for the rest of us. ;o)

Did you actually _understand_ what he wrote?  Yes, I did notice the
smiley, but I also noticed the apparent complete failure to get the
point. Complete failure to get the point, I find, is often strongly
correlated to top-posting.

Even if _everyone_ top-posts, then the reading direction is still
inconsisitent and requires the reader to jump back and-forth, to
understand what is going on.

Please _think_ about it. It really doesn't take very much thought to
understand that top-posting sucks, but it does require some. More than
top-posters seem to be able to muster, it seems.