[maybe OT] Making posters

Daniel Ellison daniel at syrinx.net
Sat Apr 3 06:30:22 EST 2004

"Richie Hindle" <richie at entrian.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.300.1080987238.20120.python-list at python.org...

> [Michele]
> > Perhaps this is a bit off topic, but I haven't had look browsing on the
> > net, so I thought I will try my chance here. I am looking for a
> > tool taking a postscript file and enlarging it to make a poster.
> > For instance I want to convert a picture taking a sheet in a poster
> > made by four sheet that I can compose. Any suggestion? A Python
> > suggestion would help me to stay on topic ;)
>
> You don't mention your platform, but my printer driver (WinXP driver for
> the Samsumg ML-1210 laser printer) will do this itself for any document -
> have you had a good dig though your printer driver options?
>
> --
> Richie Hindle
> richie at entrian.com

If you have the raw Postscript file, you can simply add a line near the
beginning that looks something like this:

    400 400 scale

which will scale the image by 400%. It's been quite a while since I did
Postscript programming so the example might not be 100% correct, but a bit
of research will get you on the right track.

It's not Python, but it'll work.

Dan