3D Graphics Engine

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Tue Apr 13 10:39:00 EDT 2004

I've seen various references to 3D graphics engines - and it's a
little difficult to know where to look.

I would like (in the long run) to be able to create and explore 3d
worlds - so texture mapping, light sourcing or shading and mesh shapes
would be nice - but I *don't* need the quality of a commercial game
system. Collision detection etc would be nice too.

Platform for development (!) is win32 - so I would like an engine with
precompiled binaries and a documented python binding available. A
freeware object modeller

So far I've seen :

Crystal Spaces - undocumented python binding, no 'easily' available
installation package (I can't see it anyway !!)

panda 3d - only accepts 3d objects from a comemrcial app (?)

vpython - very basic !

soya 3d - still unstable (??)

Can anyone reccomend a 3d engine for me to 'muck around with'.

Regards,

Fuzzy