sending an object - twisted or what?

Paul Sweeney reverse.ku.oc.issolok at nothypgnal.delrest.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 04:46:43 EDT 2004

"Mutah" <mutah at NOSPAM-libertysurf.fr> wrote in message
news:20040427152051.50234c65.mutah at NOSPAM-libertysurf.fr...
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:00:17 +0000 (UTC)
> Paul Sweeney wrote:
>
> > Is twisted the only way to go, or is there something
> > simpler for my app?  The code for twisted is fairly simple (I found
> > http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/howto/pb-copyable)
> > but the library is a bit heavy and I don't want to go through the
> > hassle of dependencies/compiling etc if there's a simpler way.
> >

> Using only modules shipped with python, a simpler way (in term of
> dependencies only) would be to pickle the objects and
> then send the result throught a socket.
>
> On the other side, you may need to write more code to do that.

I was considering that but there is all the associated problems of knowing
when a complete object has been received, guarding against spoof data being
received from the internet etc.

It is a case of balancing "reinventing the wheel" vs getting a pre-built
wheel but with a huge road-train undesirably attached.

Paul