Dollar sign ($) on foriegn keyboards? (prothon)

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 14:50:25 EDT 2004

[Tim]
>> Prothon is trying some design decisions that are very hard to try in
>> CPython now, and how they turn out is interesting to me.

[/F]
> design by self-selecting newsgroup subsets has been tried before, also
> for CPython.  it a great way to waste lots of time and get really
> lousy results (or no results at all, in CPython's case).

Have you followed these threads?  Prothon has different designs for object
layout, class semantics, threading, and garbage collection (among other
subsystems), and c.l.py has played little (if any) role in what Mark wants
to do about those.  The consequences of those decisions ("how they turn
out") should be of interest to everyone with at least a smidgen of knowledge
about CPython's and/or Jython's implementations.

Then again, you're just crabby today <0.7 wink>.