AOP use cases

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Apr 19 07:07:20 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:

> Peter Hansen wrote:
> > I would be very interested to hear some real-world and real useful
> > use cases for AOP as well.  So far, the logging example seems to
> > be put forth so often that I'm starting to suspect that's the
> > *only* "useful" thing people are doing with it. :-)
> >  From direct personal experience, could some AOP folks please
> > point out some compelling use cases so that the doubting
> > Thomases (and Wills, and Peters) can better understand and
> > accept the idea of AOP as being more than just a few fringe
> > cases?
>
> Thanks for the replies so far, but what concerns me is that
> almost no one seems to have actually used AOP in their code.

What do you understand "AOP" to mean?  One meaning of "AOP" seems to
be a collection of techniques and tools to make programming in the
Java environment a pleasanter experience.  This meaning hardly applies
to programming in Python...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I think my standards have lowered enough that now I think ``good
  design'' is when the page doesn't irritate the living fuck out of