Book "Programming on Win32" still useful?

Piet pit.grinja at gmx.de
Tue Apr 20 02:59:26 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I started programming (or hacking) python some time ago. Since python
offers a lot of Win32 specific extensions and since my OS will
probably stay Win2k for the next time, I would like to know the
possibilities of Win32 programming with python a little better. In
this context I stumbled over the book mentioned in the title, which
really looks like what I´ve been looking for, but I am a little afraid
because it was published 4 years ago and covers only python 1.52. Both
Python and the Win32 interface have been continuously developped, and
I don´t know whether the things I can learn from this book are still
useful today. Can somebody give me some advice whether this book is
still a good buy? I think it will surely be enough to get the basics,
but what if I want more?
Best regards
Peter