Does Python compete with Java?

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Tue Apr 13 22:41:29 EDT 2004

Jakub Fast wrote:
> ...isn't the zen of python more along the way of:
> "the master hits the student repeatedly with a stick
> and the student experiences enlightenment" rather
> than "the master takes the toys away from the student".

Neither is even remotely true in my experience with Python. Perl and
Java (respectively) are over there ==> ;)

If the master has to hit the student at all, he's chosen the wrong way
to teach. If he has to do it repeatedly, he's a pretty poor judge of
sticks and students.

For the toy analogy, the master keeps the guns, tear gas, and nuclear
bombs locked up, not the toys.

FuManChu