emergent/swarm/evolutionary systems etc

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Sun Apr 4 13:20:37 EDT 2004

In article <dqednXF6-IRI3e3dRVn-ug at powergate.ca>,
Peter Hansen  <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
			.
>> LISP brought it to mind.  Although LISP doesn't look that much better than
>> Python code, are there any programs out there that let you program, um,
>> programs, using various shapes, colours etc?  Just thinking about it brings
>> up all manner of difficulties that would be encountered if you tried to
>> create such a thing, but it would be nice if there was some immediately
>> obvious graphical connection between pieces of code [...]
>
>Using the "G" graphical language of LabVIEW, all code ends up
>_literally_ looking like spaghetti...  would that help?  ;-)
>
>-Peter

LabVIEW's the first example that came to my mind, although
perhaps Prograph or JavaBeans (!) could be argued as more
commercially successful.

I've worked on VPLs a couple of cycles in my career already,
in process-control contexts.  My enthusiasm is tepid--but
then I've exceedingly text-oriented.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net