File access and threads

Petter Holmström peholmst at abo.fi
Tue Apr 20 01:23:48 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have a problem with file access which I believe is caused by a
thread-problem. I first noticed it while trying to get PSP/Mod_Python to
work in the shape of an exception claiming that there are no usable
temporary directories.

The second time I noticed it was when I was trying to dump an object to
a file using pickle, and I got the "Bad file descriptor" error all the
time, even though the file was created in the file system.

I googled around and found out that there have been similar problems
before, and that these are due to threading, but I didn't manage to find
a solution (except to recompile Python without threads, which in my case
is not an option as I'm running Zope on the server).

Are there any tips you could give me?

I'm running Python 2.3.3 (from the Ports collection) on FreeBSD 5.2.1.

Thanks in advance,

-Petter-