CGI Problems With Xitami

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Tue Apr 13 08:13:28 EDT 2004

Andrew MacIntyre <andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au> wrote in message news:<mailman.501.1081559641.20120.python-list at python.org>...
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2004, Fuzzyman wrote:
>
> > Andrew MacIntyre <andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au> wrote in message news:<mailman.451.1081430027.20120.python-list at python.org>...
>
> > > Are you using "python -u" when invoking your CGI script?  Unbuffered I/O
> > > saves lots of headaches with CGI, especially on Windows.
> >
> > Hmmm... I'm not, I'll try it.
> > I might have fun working out how with Xitami.... and then with
> > whatever server we have at work :-)
>
> I vaguely recall that Xitami might honour the "#!" convention, so try
> heading your scripts with
>
>   #!<path\to\>python -u

Hmm.. tried that.
It doesn't trip Xitami up - so I'm assuming it works :-)
On the other hand it doesn't help.

Weird - the same setup works at work... but not at home.... At work
POST behaves fine, whilst at home I have to switch it to using GET..
most frustrating. Obviously *something* is causing this - but I can't
track it down.

Regards,

Fuzzy