Python NPTL Sockets

Patrick W. Fraley patrick at fraley.de
Mon Apr 5 08:22:00 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I had a problem not to long ago when I switched from RedHat 9 to Fedora
Core 1.  The problem seemed to have to do with the new nptl and the usage
of the python socket module. It seemed that socket communication got
interrupted and not all data was transfered, this seemed to especially
hold true the larger the amount of data became.

has anybody else experienced this?  How about the new Version of Fedora
using Kernel 2.6, can I expect the same problem there?

Thanx in advance
patrick w. fraley