Tcl/Tk extension access from python under windows

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu Apr 8 13:35:52 EDT 2004

The default search path for tcl packages from the Python Tcl/Tk is
Python23\tcl\* so create a directory there with the name of the package,
and put a pkgInfo.tcl and your dll into the directory.  pkgInfo.tcl
should look something like:

if {![package vsatisfies [package provide Tcl] 8]} {return}
package ifneeded Togl 1.6.0 \
    [list load [file join $dir Togl.dll] Togl]

You can use the tcl dde1.2 package you'll find there as a template.

HTH,
Mike

Marcel Achim wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I found a tcl extension that does exactly what I need to access a DLL
>and it would require a large amount of SWIG glue to generate an
>equivalent python extension. I want to access it via
>root.tk.call("eval", "package require extension").

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
  http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/