Python for MPG

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Sat Apr 10 12:27:37 EDT 2004

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:31:01 -0400, rumours say that Peter Hansen
<peter at engcorp.com> might have written:

>Will Stuyvesant wrote:
>
>> Is there Python software for dealing with MPG movies?  I am not
>> interested in visual effects etc. but in cutting scenes from big MGP
>> files and creating new files with those scenes.
>
>Found via Google: http://www.mpgedit.org/mpgedit/

MPGEdit is for audio files only (MPEG 1 Layer I, II, III, MPEG 2, MPEG
2.5).

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of a library for MPEG video editing
with Python bindings, but TMPGEnc is a free tool that might help,
providing cutting and merging tools.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix