Andreas' practical language comparison

Andreas Koch nospam at kochandreas.com
Sun Apr 25 14:03:25 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

> You might want to put a little more thought into the way you
> present the information there.  As it stands, it appears likely
> to heavily influence people to produce the shortest possible
> programs, rather than the most readable or even most typical for
> a given language.

A valid point. We currently have a discussion about this top
on c.l.misc, where i made my first proposals for my site. Feel
free to join in.

> I sent bubble sort, based on the algorithm, but I'm not going
> to bother with more if this is simply a fewest-lines competition,
> since the first person to post some Perl will win (although K
> appears to be ready to give tight competition in that area,
> if the current list is any indication).

It is on no way a fewest-lines competiton, especially considering
that my favourite language (Delphi) had the most lines in nearly
every test case :-)

I removed the line counts from the overview matrix until we find
a better solution.

--
                                   Andreas
He screamed: THIS IS SIG!