Pygame

Alexander Rødseth alexanro at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Apr 14 10:14:04 EDT 2004

> What do you think should be the criteria for deciding whether
> something "is part of Python" or isn't?

I agree that my question was a bit vague, so here's a clarification:
In that connection I meant "included in the standard installation procedure
for the average inexperienced user".

> Keep in mind that your guidelines should be applied somewhat
> consistently to all packages that might be possibly be included.

That's true, but still, there are several other modules, like email,
sound, xml, databases, that could've been separate packages,
but isn't. Why isn't fullscreen graphics considered that important?
This is a riddle to me.

> And keep in mind that no one wants Python to be a 150MB download...

I totally agree with you on that one. :)

- Alexander